2.02.2009

Weird initiatives

Last night I dreamed that in the chaos following a BSG-esque national emergency, Bush was forced to resume the presidency of the United States. In a conference he was reading out a speech that included the line "I fully support wired initiatives," but he hesitated and stumbled over the unfamiliar word, pronouncing it "weird." An aide had to look over his shoulder and correct him as he mumbled about being tripped up. Rahm Emanuel spoke up then and apologized, explaining that the speech had been written for Obama — they never would have put those funny words in Bush's mouth.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Bryan Alexander:

That is... very disturbing.

It will no doubt infect my dreams tonight.

22:53  
Blogger Jess Haskins:

I've noticed my dreams seem especially permeable lately. This dream came after seeing an Obama press conference, reading articles about the oath of office flub, glimpsing the "Is Obama the first wired president?" headline on WIRED magazine, and going through a stack of BSG comics.

And it took a little longer to seep in, but after picking up Lovecraft as my bedtime reading for a couple weeks recently, I had a doozy of a dream one night.

23:05  
Blogger Bryan Alexander:

Heh! That's quite a brew. Reminds me of when I was a teenager, falling asleep to David Macullum reading "Haunter of the Dark".

At our house, we're in mid-season 4 for BSG.

06:20  
Anonymous Anonymous:

Ha! Lovecrafts a dangerous one at bedtime!

Just before dawn Arcturus winks ruddily from above the cemetery on the low hillock, and Coma Berenices shimmers weirdly afar off in the mysterious east; but still the Pole Star leers down from the same place in the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey. Sometimes, when it is cloudy, I can sleep.

H.P. Lovecraft

"Polaris"

Great dreams show great imagination...

08:32  
Anonymous Anonymous:

wew, weird dreaming...

just forgot it...

hehe

regards

12:11  
Anonymous Anonymous:

So odd. I wish I had dreams...

14:22  
Blogger Diane Dehler:

When I start having political dreams I will know it's time for insomnia. lol

01:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home