1.16.2009

Catch up on your sci-fi

Battlestar Galactica returns to tv tonight with the first episode of the long-awaited Season 4.5. If you haven't yet, you definitely need to refresh yourself first with Sci-Fi's highly entertaining recap, Catch the Frak Up!, with rapid-fire narration by Starbuck. Covers pretty much everything, from the twisty plot turns to the universe basics ("'Frak' is a swear word, papers don't have corners, and there's more than one god").

Part I



Part II




And while we're on recaps, if you've never gotten your head around that whole Star Wars thing, get the broad outlines with Star Wars: Retold (by someone who hasn't seen it).

My friend Amanda had never seen a whole Star Wars film. When I asked her if she wanted to watch the original trilogy she said that she would, but that she already knew what happens. So I took out my voice recorder and asked her to start from the top.

Via io9.



Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Travis Megill:

So excited about Battlestar tonight. My brother and I have been slowly catching up with the series over the last few months and we've timed it perfectly so we can watch the last episode of Season 4 before the new "4.5" episode comes on tonight.

08:08  
Blogger Mark Peters:

Here's a piece on the language aspect of the show:
http://www.good.is/?p=14736

Hope you enjoy!

12:31  
Blogger Jess Haskins:

Dhalgren: Sounds perfect! I know so many people who are still catching up on the show, and they're several dvds behind so they won't get to enjoy the event. (I didn't, either, but that's just because I'm cableless...)

Mark: Thanks for the link! I know people who love the show's invented profanity, and others whom it drives crazy. I could go both ways, depending on the day.

22:14  
Anonymous Anonymous:

Oh thank you for the heads up! Your entry is timely, as ever. :)

22:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home