1.18.2008

Seven things

I've been tagged by Katkmeanders for the Seven Things meme, with the following rules:

1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I'm incredibly late, but let's see what I can do. It shouldn't be that hard to find seven new things to tell you, since I'm not exactly chatty about my life...

1. My blood type is B-. If it were B+, not only would I have a larger potential donor pool, but it would make a great personal motto, too.

2. All my computers are named after deities. I have three: the old laptop is "Muse", the retired tv computer is "Osiris", and the current desktop is "Ishtar".

3. My wireless networks are named after divine abodes. At the old apartment it was "Parnassus", and at the new one it's "Asgard".

4. What's that fear called where you're afraid peanut butter will stick to the roof of your mouth? I have that.

5. It's so hard to find good, quality, art calendars (if you know this blog you know what I like) that I've found myself starting reruns from past years. Last year my calendars were the Spirit of Japan calendar (a well-chosen gift from poshevanescence...I miss the calendar already), and the Edward Gorey Mystery calendar, which was my second Gorey calendar in a row. This year I opted for the Among Trees calendar, which is the same one I had four or five years ago -- reruns! There are new photos, but some are the same, like January. Pomegranate consistently has lovely stuff, but I'm quickly exhausting their catalog of themes; Calendars.com has nothing and infuriates me with its refusal to honor unsubscribe requests (beware!). Where am I going to continue to get new, fresh, beautiful calendars year after year?

6. I got fuzzy pink bunny slippers for Christmas. Though they're a bit ludicrous for my tastes, I've always secretly wanted a pair. (I'm wearing them right now.)

7. One of these facts is a lie.

There. That was silly, but I can't refuse a meme.

I'm afraid I will have to refuse to tag this time, though. I'm not even sure I could find seven people who do memes at all, especially if I give a break to my usual few whom I usually bug whenever I get a meme. So this is one of those end-of-the-line "take it who will" tags. So take it who will!

Thank you for the tag, KatK! Now to something more substantial...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa:

I hear you on #5--good calendars seem like such an undertapped market. I'm doing Pomegranate's Reading Women one this year.
This wouldn't be exactly your style, but I've often thought that there ought to be a Jane Austen calendar. The pictures could be taken from classic illustrations of the books (like the Charles E. Brock ones), and there could be little snippets from the books, pithy quotations from Jane Austen's letters, etc. I don't know why no one's made this yet! I think I'll file it under "future business ideas" along with my sock of the month club.

13:51  
Blogger KatK:

Hey now, pink fuzzy bunny slippers *are* substantial. Heh... I've just told the Mr. that if ever I find a pair that'd fit him I'm buying them for him to wear. He had a pair of bearpaw/claw slippers which his cat was horrified and frightened by. He looked silly in them, he's got big feet, but he's slender.

19:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home