10.31.2006

Boo.

I guess one Halloween post wasn't enough. I was going to leave it at that, but then I decided to tear down the wallpaper in here and reveal the original stonework underneath, for that nice dungeon atmosphere...and I spotted and had to share with you RavensBlight, which is something of a one-stop-browse for Halloween. This multimedia horror entertainment site has a little of everything from the mind of creator Ray O'Bannon: a large art gallery with satisfyingly campy collections of paintings, drawings, photos, and objects, a sizeable arcade of horror-themed games, a toyshop of stylish downloadable paper models for board games, figures, dioramas, masks, and more, plus a fiction library and a collection of original music.
Via exclamation mark.

I suggest it just in case you felt you didn't have anything Halloweeny enough to do tonight. Too old for trick-or-treating, no parties, work at night and sleep during the day, leaving your evening too cramped to fit in any festive activities, and didn't get event tickets far enough in advance anyway? I hear you.

I might try to rouse myself early this afternoon, though, and go see The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Trinity Church. I would have preferred to catch Nosferatu at St. John the Divine for the Halloween Extravaganza last weekend, but I found out about it too late to get tickets, and each showing would have made me either dangerously late for work or miserably short on sleep. There's always next year.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous:

Did you change the font for the blog name too? Or has it always looked like that?

14:30  
Blogger Jess Haskins:

I changed it a long time ago. It's all right -- I know how preoccupied and absentminded you academic types can be. ;)

21:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home