5.08.2006

Maken melodye

LadySusan is away at Kalamazoo, and shortly before she left she unearthed the delightful Geoffrey Chaucer Hath A Blog; and now Chaucer is blogging about Kalamazoo, so I thought it would be a lovely time to draw your attention his way -- especially since he has devoted a bit of space to share some surely very efficacious pick-up lines you will doubtless find very interesting. (They are targeted at congress attendees, but I don't see why anyone shouldn't be able to profit from them!)

-Do sheriffs administere thee to those who breke the kinges peace? Bycause thou lookst “fyne.”

-Ich do deuote myn diligence to studye of the anatomie of engendrure. Ich haue happed vpon an abstruse passage in the werke of Constantyne the Affrikan
De Coitu, the which I kan nat construe. For lernynges sake and the goode of wisdom, woldstow performe the acte of venus withe me so that ich may interpret thys clause in propre wise?

-Woldstow haue me shyfte thyne voweles?

-Makstow a pilgrymage heere often?

-If ich sayde that thou hadde a bele chose, woldstow holde it ayeinst me?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home