10.26.2005

The measure of a blog

Based on AOL's recent purchase of Weblogs Inc. ($25-$40 million), some people are attempting to calculate the worth of any given blog based on Technorati stats.

Thus, by some accounts:



My blog is worth $10,161.72.
How much is your blog worth?




Via This Blog Will Be Deleted By Tomorrow.

Alternatively, instead of being turned into dollars, my blog can be rendered as a beautiful plant (click to enlarge):





OrganicHTML offers little in the way of introduction or explanation, but apparently it renders different aspects of a webpage as various plant parts, incorporating the colors of the page design. I wish I knew what some of the things were, like the little spinning flower stalks, but I'm guessing that the abundant flowering branches represent outgoing links, with which this blog is pretty well endowed.

For comparison, my Blurty, which is trying to crawl away:





And my poor little website, which apparently died.





Via scribblingwoman.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous:

I am worth nothing. Gonna shot myself.

13:52  
Blogger Jess Haskins:

Try the old domain name.

20:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home