8.10.2005

Evolutionary strides

Wow, I'm a Flippery Fish already. From Insignificant Microbe I skipped right over Multicellular Microorganism, Wiggly Worm, Crunchy Crustacean, Lowly Insect, and Slimy Mollusc, and went straight to the first respectable-sounding, non-icky creature on the list. I didn't think I'd make it that high...I figured crustacean or insect at best.

I've gone overboard with the listings and rankings and stats, I know. I don't delude myself. Rather than giving me a sheen of respectability, it only lends an air of desperation. Look at me, link me, love me! But ego-stroking apart, I figure all the fluff might attract a whiff of traffic. And I feel like the world needs to know about the cool things I link to. So I'll keep at it. Dry land and legs, here I come.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous:

I don't know if it is the same with you, but I started blogging for my own selfish writing reasons, and then all of a sudden it became a social activity (with commenters and commenting and stats). It's not that I don't enjoy it. I just didn't expect that I would care so much about it. I guess we're social animals at heart.

11:01  
Blogger Jess Haskins:

When I started, it was mostly as a way to keep in touch with friends. Over time, it's become less personal and more public. I try not to obsess too much or become one of those needy bloggers. Thankfully, I seem to be attracting at least a few readers without doing too many backflips.

13:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home