6.13.2007

Story pictures

It's not often I give a whole post to a single blog, but I just found this one and it's so magical that I don't want to wait to share (besides which, I'm not sure what I'd group it with). It's called Things Look Like Things, with the tagline Blogs and photos as fable, fairytale, fiction and fact. It's a sort of photoblog of Flickr selections showing not just simple resemblances, but also poetic transmutations and dreamy narratives, with titles like "What a Bat Might Dream" and "The Planting and Harvesting of Cupcakes". (It turns out that quite a lot of things look like cupcakes.)

I almost wish I hadn't scrolled down to the bottom of the page to the older posts that include text, because the newer ones fare much better without it -- the caption and a sequence of images are all that is needed for these miniature epics.

Shown below are two of the shorter series, "Sometimes We Rise" and "Blue Eyes".



Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane Dehler:

Hi Blue,
You are right about this being a great blog. I had a quick look and will go back to read more. People create blog collages out of things in the outer world that resonate within. -They are almost as personal as fingerprints. Good job, per usual. It is very hot here today and thought I would visit a few favorite spaces before the afternoon meltdown. It would be nice to have a cupcake with my morning tea. Interesting how we convert images and text into our own desires. :) Take care.

13:05  
Blogger Jess Haskins:

Haiku,

When I found this blog, you were the first person I thought of. :)

21:29  
Blogger Nancy Reyes:

beautiful blog. Thanks.

01:01  
Blogger Diane Dehler:

Hi Blue,
I was away from my blog for a couple of weeks and now I'm back. One of the first things I need to do is have a good read through that dreamy blog you linked. Hope all is well in your part of the world. Understand you have had a lot of rain this summer.

01:37  
Blogger Diane Dehler:

Hi again in August. These dreamy months do pass in a haze of pale sunshine and sprouting blooms.

01:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home